Popcorn Lovers Day falls this week, who knew?
Why not take the American buttery popcorn tradition and turn the snack into a super snack with CBD oil.
You will need:
- Your favourite packet of popcorn or popcorn kernels
- 454g (2 cups) of your favourite unsalted butter (dairy free butter works too)
- 7-10 drops of Natural flavour 250mg strength CBD oil drops (you can experiment with the number of drops depending on taste preference)
- 1 litre (4 cups approx.) of water
You may find other recipes that offer you a quicker cooking time, but slowly infusing the CBD oil into the butter gives you better infusion results and avoids any burning and cannabinoid damage. Plus, once it’s made, this butter can last you a long while and be used for more than just your popcorn.
- Cut the butter into several small pieces
- Combine the butter pieces, water and CBD oil into a medium saucepan. Cook over a very low heat stirring the mixture every few minutes, making sure it doesn’t burn. Use a metal spoon to stir as wooden spoons will absorb the oil. The water will gradually reduce and the mixture will become thick.
- Once the mixture appears dense and looks glossy, remove from the heat and leave it to rest and cool slightly
- Pour over your freshly popped corn and enjoy!
With only 50 calories in 10 grams (1 cup) of popcorn, it’s the perfect guilt-free snack food to enjoy.
But if like us you are feeling a little more indulgent, you can follow the recent tasty trend in the world of popcorn and add toppers of your choice.
We added crumbled up CBD dark chocolate through ours.
Happy Popcorn Lovers Day!